Senior Head Chef, Retail and Production Permanent, Full Time
Amadeus Catering, at the NEC Birmingham
Salary: GBP 39k circa plus a range of benefits
25 days' holiday (+ bank holidays)
Group Personal Pension
Private Medical Care
Free Car parking
Amadeus, multi award winning caterers are a division of The NEC Group with over 40 years of experience dealing with venue and event operations,delivering retail catering, fine dining and hospitality to thousands of visitors from all around the world.
Your role will be predominately based at The NEC and at times you may be required to work at the groups other venues and events.
Reporting to the Executive Head Chef, your main duties will include,managing a number of Retail catering outlets within the NEC and also the two on site production kitchens (Pastry and Deli Production) that are based in the Concourse Area.
Key elements of the role will be
- Managing their allocated team and ensuring areas are correctly staffed, whilst working within pre-setbudgets
- Conducting monthly1;2;1's, 6 monthly Performs, and giving timely feedback on personal development
- Monitoring food standards and ensuring food specifications are adhered to at all times
- Reviewing food orders, whilst also controlling waste within their allocated areas
- Ensuring all Food Safety and Health and Safety guidelines are implemented and followed
The successful applicant will also be expected to continually evolve the range of products that are produced within the Production areas, ensuring that Amadeus are continually improving their food offer. This development work will need to be supported within Food Specifications and Methods of Work for others to follow.
Proven experience in a similar operation is essential.Ideally as an individual you will have had experience working for a large contract caterer, a large hotel group or event caterer delivering a wide rangeof food offers. You should also have the following qualifications and experience:
- Hold NVQ level 1, 2 and 3 or City and Guilds706/1 and 706/2
- Qualified to Level 4 Food Safety (or be willing to undertake relevant training)
- Hold a recognised Health and Safety qualification (IOSH)
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience as Head Chef in a similar operation
- Be computer literate and be willing to undertaketraining to learn the groups IT systems
- Have a can do attitude and be adaptable to change
- Be customer focused and able to deliver excellent service
- Strong communication skills
- Be dependable, reliable, motivated and a teamplayer
This position is ideal for a forward thinking chef whowishes to develop their career in a unique world class venue, delivering a widerange of food offers to over 4 million visitors each year.
Apply online http://www.necgroup.co.uk/working-for-us/